Procrastination – A lazy Man’s Apology
Why do most of us end up putting off our work till the last day??? Or why can’t we finish it off in time, even if we start it early? I tried to think about the multitude of reasons that we come up with, and the 25 that I have listed below seem to do the trick However, if there is something I missed out, or anything from your own innovations….feel free to add it, numbering it along….=D In fact, do count the number of reasons YOU have come up with, because they have all served for me at least once….=p
So again, why do most of us end up putting off our work till the last day??? Because…
1) We are stupid – we never learn from our mistakes
2) We are stubborn - no matter how many people say that we should start working before time, we WON’T!
3) We are confident – we know we’ll end up pulling it off by hook or by crook =p
4) We don’t want to look ‘pappu’ [uncool] like the kid who does his work on time.
5) We are too busy partying to actually think about work.
6) We are too busy obsessing about work to actually WORK!
7) We like to watch crappy stuff on TV while we are supposed to be working and take guilt trips later.
8 ) We like saying to ourselves: ‘Shit! I should have done this before!’
9) If we end up getting the job done in a short while, we can gloat to our friends/colleagues: ‘I did it in a few hours. Man! I am smart!’
10) If we DON’T end up getting the job done, we can give the excuse: ‘I didn’t give it enough time. Had I done so, I would have aced it!’
11) We enjoy finishing off our assignment while the rest of the class is covering the next chapter.
12) We revel in the feeling of getting shouted at by our boss, in front of our colleagues.
13) We take pleasure in waking up on the morning of our test, cramming our head with the text, and then dashing off to class – occasionally to find that we are late and can’t appear for the test.
14) We love the idea of copying off someone else’s assignment, in fact, right before it’s due for submission.
15) We like planning our work for long and for good - planning is the ONLY thing we are good at!
16) All the important sports tournaments, friends’ birthdays and family gatherings come right before our work is due =s
17) Our hands are too busy texting to ACTUALLY work =p
19) We had to attend daily dance practices for a cousin/friend’s wedding.
20) We like setting up an early alarm to get up and work, but we like going back to sleep even more!
21) We start working, but mysteriously fall asleep with our books and assignments in a pile around us…
22) We are fond of working, but it’s the idea of ‘starting the working process’ which petrifies us!
23) We can always copy off material from the internet – long live plagiarism!
24) We don’t like our boss/teacher so we don’t think he/she deserves that we finish our work on time.
25) Our favorite activity is driving like madmen when we are getting late.